PR Account Manager
We are looking for a PR Account Manager (AM) who can effectively manage a wide range of assignments, projects, and clients with a high degree of success and independence.
The AM should demonstrate a high level of professional knowledge, having the ability to manage one large account or a few smaller accounts, with input and guidance from the Account Director, Group Account Director, or Business Unit Director. The AM must have a thorough understanding of public relations and a proven ability to achieve PR objectives. The AM will be the client’s day-to-day contact, building trust and confidence.
The ideal candidate should possess strong project management, media relations, budgeting, mentoring, people management, and business development skills. The expectation is to take responsibility for the portfolios they manage, providing excellent client service, demonstrating diligence, and striving for profitable growth.
It is the AM’s duty to build and mentor the Account Manager or Account Executive working with them to meet all client and Clockwork expectations.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
Administration & General PR Skills:
- Developing strong client relationships and building rapport.
- Managing client expectations.
- Anticipating and assisting in developing solutions to client needs and problems.
- Managing projects/programmes, including implementation plans, project plans, budgets, and deadlines.
- Developing and drafting communication programmes based on team input.
- Understanding, articulating and applying the agency vision, goals, practice areas, products, and overall capabilities.
- Developing accurate project budgets and effectively monitoring them.
- Keeping the teams and line managers informed on the status of all projects/briefs.
- Collaborating with colleagues in problem-solving and planning.
- Overseeing and directing media campaigns.
- Maintaining established relationships with print and broadcast journalists.
- Possessing strong presentation skills and playing an active role in new business and client presentations.
- Contributing to agency growth and performance as a project, team, group and agency leader.
- Efficiently and effectively planning and managing events (e.g. press conferences, media tours, analyst meetings, advocate briefings, etc.).
- Understanding the creative process and how to work effectively with internal and external creative resources.
- Maintaining a network of industry contacts, including editorial, investment community, professional and third-party groups.
- Providing leadership in building effective and productive account teams.
- Exhibiting initiative and general management.
- Supporting the company’s vision and exemplifying its values.
- Delegating effectively.
- Recommending and implementing solutions when problems arise.
- Assisting peers in problem-solving.
- Actively participating in team, staff and client meetings.
- Working with the Business Unit Director to identify and address training, leadership and career development needs.
- Producing media monitoring and reporting for clients either independently or with the assistance of their Account Manager or Account Executive if applicable.
- Identifying and promptly escalating issues to their line manager.
- Articulating themselves professionally when representing the agency, whether on the phone, over mail, or in person.
- Demonstrating respect and time management, and appropriately excusing themselves from meetings, both internal and external, if unable to attend.
- Continually developing their editing skills to direct the written materials of others.
- Displaying a sense of curiosity about client work, seeking more information and knowledge.
- Continually seeking new ways to learn, improve and contribute towards the growth of their account and the business.
- Seeking and sharing information with colleagues while looking for new ways to develop their clients’ brand reputation.
Process & Finance
- Fully comprehending project management tools.
- Completing timesheets daily, following company policies and procedures, and ensuring the team does the same.
- Understanding the SLA of a given account and overseeing the optimal servicing.
- Managing billable hours by keeping track of time spent, to manage over and under servicing of the account.
- Overseeing and ensuring that the account invoicing is processed through a monthly (retainer) or ad hoc billing instruction.
- Developing an awareness of account management issues, flagging problems, and offering solutions.
- Ensuring tasks are assigned timeously to traffic for internal allocation.
- Scheduling monthly project plans for account management.
- Understanding how to pull and complete job recons, raise and invoice invoices as per SLA lead times, and critically appraise them for accuracy if a report is required from Ops.